Tuesday, October 13, 2015

PLANTAR FASCIITIS, what is that?


 Cape Town, 2nd October 2015
On Thursday early evening I am walking at the V&A with Dietmar to look for a new Ipad cover as mine is disintegrating.
As we are walking I am mentioning to him, how peculiar, I have a sore heel.
One hour later returning from the centre I am saying, this is very odd, I have bad pains in my heel now.
During the night I wake up with excruciating pain in my heel and I can not walk or put any weight onto my foot, I jump to the bathroom on one leg trying very hard to keep upright.
At just after 05h30 in the morning my heel has not improved, I had to now use my hiking pole to walk and my thoughts are just somersaulting, what? how ? And what now?
The pain is not improving, in actual fact it is worse.

My pilates teacher saw me for a foot massage later that morning and she voiced the suspicion PLANTAR FASCIITES.
What can one do? Icing Anti Inflammatory Stretching Orthodontics's
  
During the Massage Lize stretched my calf, massaged very hard to the point of bruising the tissue, applied Foot Reflexology and Anica Icing Gel for Horses and anti inflammatory pads and the treatment made a difference to the degree
Going on the Flight to Europe
or
Not Going On The Flight To Europe.
Very simple. We left a few days later.



1 comment:

  1. How has your foot been Veronika? Do you still have pain?

    ReplyDelete